Today we are releasing some huge changes performed, that were being tested on world 2 for quite a few weeks, along with that we have some other news!
Hydra + Item Container System + New Herblore
The client zoom system was greatly improved! Players can now zoom out much futher without issues that used to happen before.
You can teleport to the new Hydra boss by opening the world map (or ctrl + T key comb) and clicking on the bosses tele -> Hydra.
You will end up near the alchemic door that leads to where the Alchemical Hydra is.
Entering the Hydra area requires 95 slayer.
Entering an instance will cost you 5m.
The pouch can hold up to 500B now.
The initial limits were adjusted to:
50B - Regular
70B - Donator
100B - Super donator
200B - Extreme Donator
The pouch upgrade limit was increased to 30, and it now upgrades pouch by 10B rather than 5B, allowing players to upgrade by up to extra 300B.
PS: The player owned shop max item price was adusted to 500B.
Dragon Hunter Lance
Similar to the Nex boss, Hydra has 4 attack phases. The Alchemical Hydra has a total of 1100 HP, every 1/4th (275 hp per phase) it changes from phase/color.
At the start of each phase, it has a 75% damage reduction, which can be removed if it is lured over a vent on the floor which spews chemical liquid. If you don’t use the vents, Hydra’s damage is increased by 50%.
When the Alchemical Hydra reaches 75%, 50% or 25% of its health, it will lose one of its heads and changes phase.
The damage reduction is reapplied, and so it should be lured over the next vent.
It also has special attacks for each phase: poison pools when green and black, electricity when blue and fire when red. These special attacks can be avoided, but they can be devastating if dealt with carelessly.
The special is always used as 10th attack of the phase.
1st phase (1100- 825 hp): Green Phase -> make the Hydra run over the red vent to lower its defence and deal full potential damage to it.
2nd phase (825-550 hp): Blue Phase -> make the hydra run over the green vent to lower its defence and deal full potential damage to it.
3rd phase (550-275 hp): Red Phase -> make the hydra run over the blue vent to lower its defence and deal full potential damage to it.
4th phase (275-0 hp): Black Phase -> no vent necessary, your damage is at full potential without it being on a vent.
NOTE: Melee is weaker against Hydra, similar to the Vorkath boss.
NOTE: Every 3rd attack Hydra switches attack style between range and mage.
Example -> 3 ranged attacks -> 3 mage attacks -> 3 ranged attacks -> 3 mage attacks -> …
New unique drops
Hydra bones -> burying the bones will give you 64k prayer exp, using the bones on altar will give you 128k prayer exp, which makes the bones slightly better than Zogre bones.
Ironmen will get 42266 exp on altar & 21333 exp per bury.
HCIM will get 25600 exp on altar & 12800 exp per bury.
Combine the Hydra’s Eye + Hydra’s Fang + Hydra’s Heart to form a Brimstone ring.
Combine the Hydra’s Fang + Hydra’s Eye + Hydra’s Heart to form a Brimstone ring.
Combine the Hydra’s Heart + Hydra’s Eye + Hydra’s Fang to form a Brimstone ring.
Combine with the dragonbone necklace and bonecrusher to create the bonecrusher necklace.
Alchemical Hydra Heads
Combine the Alchemical Hydra Head with a Full Slayer helmet to make a Hydra Slayer Helmet
Can be crafted into a Ferocious Gloves, requires 1 neddle and 500 thread.
The Hydra’s Claw can be combined with the Zamorakian hasta to create the dragon hunter lance.
The Brimstone ring is a ring created by combining three untradeable components - the hydra's eye, fang and heart.
The ring has no requirements to wear and provides the combined offensive stats of the un-imbued archers, berserker, warrior, seers, treasonous, and tyrannical rings, as well as additional defensive stats. The Brimstone ring cannot be imbued.
Hydra Slayer Helmet
Dragon Hunter Lance
A new system to perform actions (loop events) was created, it's now being used on Hydra and Herblore skill, however its important to test as it's a really risky update due to the deep level of programming procedues that it uses.
The whole game inventory system was reworked, that means that over 10,000 item references in the codes were changed, over six hundred of classes!
There's no much to talk about it, since the effects of this update is more on the background, however this is the most risky update and the main reason that world 2 was created.
The items in-game can have unique configuration|information|settings even tho they have the same ID.
meaning that we could add custom stat to a single player AGS while the other would remain with original stats.
we can now apply corruption per item, instead of global based on item ID.
we can now create virtual inventories, that cannot interact with real game world, allowing us to spawn items on player's account, such as weapon game and many other future minigames, with no risk of those items being smuggled away, since they are contained in a fake | virtual inventory.
now creating systems that require item transfer (trade, stake, bank, price checker, drop party chest, etc) with a single line of coded, very well tested and dupe risk free, before creating such thing was always a new risk of dupes!
We are starting to work on Raids, and since it requires Herblore skill, the skill was rewritten from scratch.
The experiences were taken from RuneScape and multiplied by 20, meaning that now actually making the potions will reward more experience than simply buying grimy herbs from store and spamming the last inventory item for an absurd amount of experience.
- Ironmen will get to pay 250k, HC ironmen will get to pay 25k.
- Once entered you can not leave through the door again, you can only tele/tab away.
- The respawn timer for Hydra Is 25 seconds.
- Turmoil have now the same buffs as Piety at wilderness.
- Fixed players teleporting to target getting stuck at KBD entrance.
- Fixed Life Points reducing too early compared to hitmarks appearing delay.
- Activity Rewards should no longer repeateadly give rewards to the same players.
- A delay to fruit batch 10 seconds warning message was added to avoid too much spamming.
Just some extra highlights on the dragon hunter lance:
It provides 10% better max hit compared to vine whip on the following monsters:
Dragons, Cerberus, Wyverns, Hydra.
The Dragon hunter lance acts as a zamorakian hasta, meaning you can use it against Corporeal Beast, Cerberus and it's also effective against Hydra.
The flask store has a limit of 100 daily potions for extreme donators.
Ring of Wealth (i)
Ring of Wealth (i) drop boost was improved by 10X compared to before!
Row (i) has been fixed. It now (should) collect all coins. It also increases pet chance by 5%.
- Master cape hoods can now be worn.
- Statius set is now spelled correctly at premium shop.
- Ancestral now required 75 magic and 65 defence to be equipped
- Primordial, Pegasian and Eternal boots now require 75 strength and 75 defence, 75 mage and 75 defence and 75 range and 75 defence respectively to be worn.
- Desert Strykewyrms now give slayer exp
- You can now tan 'x' and tan 'all' all types of leather at the tanner.
- Tanning and crafting interface are now changed to the new interface.
- Fixed a bug where crafting leather did not require any crafting level.
- Fixed a bug where items looted at ::party were not appearing in inventory
- Pk and Skilling Tournaments now end on Sundays at 7pm GMT
- The hourly boosts now change on the hour and won't change time every day. The Wiki team will have an up to date list of those hours shortly on this wiki page https://wiki.etherumps.com/Boosts
- The quest cape emote now works properly.
- Players can no longer wear items or have a familiar when prestiging.
- Snowman pet can now be unlocked in the pet interface
- A typo was fixed in one of the wildywyrms spawn messages.
- Nex no longer respawns with only three quaters health.
- New should no longer randomly die upon respawn.
- You can no longer attack nex or the blood reavers (or be attacked by them) while you're at the Nex bank area
- 'Grinder' task on Adventuers path now rewards 50m for Ironmen and 2.5m for Hardcore Ironmen
- Kalphite Queen pet unlock killcount requirement was reduced to 2500. Now only the second phase Kalpite Queen is available in the pet inferace, but can be metamorphosised into the first phase Kalphite Queen pet.
- An issues with items disappearing from the OSRS salesman tab was fixed.
- Both Ironmen and Hardcore Ironmen can now buy items from the Salesman
- An inccorect hammer ID in the 'skiller' preset of new accounts was corrected.
- Using glories on each other no longer combines the charges.
- Skilling points are no longer effected by XP boosts
- A bug charging noted glories at the fountain was corrected.
- The smithing exp gained from mining with Inferal tools has been doubled.
- Mbystery boxes no longer drop to the ground when dying to an NPC, instead they will go to grim reaper.
- You can now mine shooting stars with inferal pickaxes
- Banshee pet can now be consumed to the pet interface.
- The blue damaged book from ::pksupply can now be equipped.
- A spelling mistake at Vorkath has been corrected.
- The command ::votingrewards now displays voting streak rewards interface.
- Equipping and unequipping easter ring no longer causes an issue with certain emotes.
- A bug with the 'long life' task has been fixed.
- HP exp will no longer reset to 13m exp after resetting/changing one of your skills, unless you don't have enough overall trained exp
- Entering your bank pin in a trade/stake/gamble interface will now close the interface for both players.
- Dharoks accuracy has been increased. The lower your hp the higher the accuracy.
- Extreme magic potion and imbued heart no longer stack.
- Reset lamp was removed from voting store.
- Row (i) has been fixed. It now (should) collect all coins. Row (i) now correctly increases pet chance by 5%
New Trade System
A new Trade System will be pushed on world 2 for testing!
That's it for today! However we have some news about Raids coming next! ;)